Ener-J wifi relay switch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of the above WiFi switches controlling my outside lighting from their app on my iphone, working ok
I am trying to get a second Wifi switch to control the DHW heating from the same app (same iphone) but it won't let me
I have gone through the discovering procedure from the manufacturer (Ener-J) as I I did for my lighting but the iphone "cannot discover
the switch when the switch is in pairing mode (flashing)
Ener-J say that there is a probable firewall stopping the pairing but if it worked on one switch why not the other as I aren't aware of any changes made other than phone updates beyond my control??
Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
I use android phone, and the Smart life app, and there is a array of options, some devices use zigbee, and some direct with wifi, I have had problems in the past, then for seemingly no reason it works.

I have to pair with the Smart Switches app first, then tell Alexa the name of the app I have it paired too. Might that be your problem - though you didn't mention Alexa?

Sponsored Links
how many different devices can your phone connect to simultaneously. Mine only allows 1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back