Engineered Flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of doing a barn conversion and I am looking to install 20mm oak EW to a first floor with UFH. I am proposing a floating floor using a D3 adhesive to glue the t&g. The problem I have is that the exising floor joists are quite unlevel. Am I OK to 'pack' the low joists with ply wedges or plastic packers? Also, is it advisable to plank each room separately and retain a threshold strip at each door opening - ideally I would like to the floor to flow through to the landing etc - is this OK if I leave 12-15mm expansion at each perimeter wall. Any additional comments welcome. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
On UFH, to prevent air-gaps when underfloor is not exactly level, it's best to glue the floor down completely using a flexible adhesive like Sikabond T54 or Lecol MS250.
If you have an open plan the temperature and air-humidity will be the same in most areas/rooms and if the width different between rooms and your landing isn't that large (large is from 4 meters going back at once to 1 meter) it's normally not needed to install thresholds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back