Installing Toilet Pan over Floating Engineered Wood Floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I had a quick search and couldn't find the answer to my question.... I am planning to float a 150mm x 20mm engineered wood plank floor (5mm oak top layer) over a concrete subfloor. The floor will cover the whole of our downstairs, including the WC.

Is it possible to fix the toilet pan to the concrete subfloor through the engineered wood floor, or will this cause an issue with local pinching of the wooden floor? Could I fix the pan directly to the 20mm thick engineered floor (4 screws) to avoid this issue? Or do I need to glue the floor to the concrete :confused: ...

PS: I already picked up the tip from the forum of siliconing between the pan and floor to prevent noise or rocking of the pan ;) !

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
if it were me i would fix through the float floor into the concrete using 3" screws and plugs, regardless of pinching.

you want to be secure when sitting on the crapper. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back