Fixing pan to floor tiles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am soon to be fixing a new toilet pan over a freshly laid ceramic tiles, sitting on a concrete floor.

When it comes to fixing the pan, what is the best way to secure it? I have two 8mm approx guide hole in the base of the pan....Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use a small masonary drill bit carefully into the floor screed as a pilot hole then use the next size up masonary drill bit for the correct size for the rawlplug with screw. Don't overtighten the screw. I always use a rubber washer to protect the pan from the screw head.

Thanks, so a regular plastic rawlplug will be ok? I had some fancy metal ones supplied when I bought a free standing bath, but these look too heavy handed for the pan...cheers

Sponsored Links
clubsport said:
Thanks, so a regular plastic rawlplug will be ok? I had some fancy metal ones supplied when I bought a free standing bath, but these look too heavy handed for the pan...cheers
Good quality plastic rawlplug are fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back