Removing floor tile cement from wall tiles/ pan/ cistern!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I've some cement (from floor tiling and some concrete laid down before tiling to raise the level of floor) on the wall tiles near the bottom of tiles (by the floor).

I've tried to use wire brush to rub it off but its not coming off totally. Can anyone please suggest some way of removing it? Are there any removers out there that one can buy and use to remove the cement without damaging the tile?

Also previous floor tiling was done without the pedestal and pan removed, so there is a lot of cement stuck to the bottom of pedestal and pan. How can I remove this please?

It would really finish off my job properly with the new tiles gleaming from top to bottom and pedestal/ cistern looking neat and bright as well.

Thanks..

Sponsored Links
To get the tile adhesive off i normally spray the adhesive with water keeping it wet for 5 - 10 mins or so, then scrape of with a wall scraper or something similar.

After hours and hours ( 4 days in total) of using a hand scrapper and trying to scrap of the tile adhesive and cement by hand (along with most of the wall plaster) I had a Eureka moment and decided to try the wall paper stripper that we had bought (Major flat renovation all by our selves.. naivety.. we laugh in hindsight) any way I'm digressing.. The adhesive came off like "shavings of kebab" off the wall with no harm to the plaster behind it.. after only doing a meter squared in 4 days did the whole bathroom in a couple of hours.. the trick is to hold the steam tray over a patch for about 30 seconds and then use the scrapper to scrape away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back