Enineered wood over concrete in an unheated room.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our livin room etc. is pretty close to needing a floor down, but the UFH hasn't yet gone on. (Boiler not connected yet)

I have a couple of fan heaters in there for when it's really cold, and was wondering if I could get away with laying engineered oak (14mm thick IIRC) BEFORE the heatin goes on with no detrimental effects?

The concrete screed has been down for 6 months or so, possibly longer, and has been dry for all that time. There is a more recent application of self levelling compound on there too. I know that when the UFH goes on, it'll need to be brought up to temp very very slowly, to a maximum of 27 degrees. I don't have a problem with this at all.

Cheers in advance

Nick

Sponsored Links
Most manufacturers recommend you start the start-up sequence of the UFH before you install a wooden floor. Then is has to "rest" for another 5 days again.

How long will it take before the boiler will be connected, and can't your really not wait until then?

It's due to go on sometime in early March. Think I'll wait.

It'd be nicer crawling about on a warm floor than a cold one anyway!

It be nicer to do a job likes this right from the beginning! :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back