Enlarging Shower Tray area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an 800mm quadrant shower tray that we'll be installing. I wanted to ask if it's possible to make the useable area of the shower slightly bigger by offsetting a piece of timber on the bits of the tray that will go against the wall, and pieces of timber upwards for the shower door fixings. I probably haven't explained this very well, but imagine a shower tray about 100mm away from the wall, with the gaps covered by wood (with tiles).

Sponsored Links
i've seen it done...but never ages well......
why do u need to do this ?

if the area is bigger than the tray...cant u fit a false wall up to the tray and take it to say 5foot and then go back to the original all and for a shelf ?

I was hoping to make the shower area a bit bigger than the 800x800 quadrant as it seems a bit tight. We should have got a bigger one before, but didn't think it would fit well, so i'm looking at any other options available. The wall is the correct size for the shower tray.

It probably sounds like more hassle than it's worth. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You need to take into account the waterproofing issues as well.
Could turn into a nightmare. :(

Leave it be or buy another tray and screen. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back