Ensuite project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've always found a lot of good info on this site but never really had cause to use it to a huge degree as I live in a tiny flat, hence never joining but we are in the process of moving out into a 3 bed house and one thing we've always said we will do when we move out is to have an ensuite, and I reckon I'll be doing a lot more DIY besides this so will probably become a more regular user!

What would be brilliant is if someone could explain the process of building an ensuite in broad terms, i.e not how our specific one will work out, but how you go about going from having just a bedroom, to a bedroom with an ensuite in it.

The plan is: for it to be a small ensuite, 2m x 1m, in the corner of the room to run adjacent to the existing bathroom (as i gather this is much easier than building away from exisiting pipes), which is seperated by a stud wall and for it to have a toilet, cubicle shower (electric) and a sink.

How does the project work from end to end? Does a plumber come in first and do the piping work, then build the stud wall? plumber fits the units? Electrician? Tiler? Builder for vent/window?

Forgive my erratic questions but it's like a jigsaw to me, I know the pieces that need to be there, but not how and when they fit together. Any help is really gratefully appreciated as I've searched a lot on the net and there is good info out there but not an overall plan for the purposes I need.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back