Ensuite dampness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if you could help me with a problem we are having in our ensuite?

We have stayed in our house from new which is about 7 years old now. We replaced the shower cubicle just before christmas because the grout had cracked and water was getting in the back. Had to replace the plasterboard on the 3 walls at the same time. Anyway got that all changed out and everything was fine.

Recently though we are starting to see small patches of dampness on the ceiling of the ensuite. There is an extractor fan in there that needs to be put on independently of the light switch. I'm not sure the extractor is working properly but its not making any noise that it hasn't always made.

How can I check if its working and if not how do I go about replacing it. Ideally i would it linked to the light switch.

Thanks,

Mark

Sponsored Links
If it is turning it should be working.

Most extractors work via the light switch. Unless you are very experienced in this area you should really get an electrician to make the change. You will also need to ensure a timed fan is fitted so it runs on clearing condensation ect after the light has been switched off.

Is there a window in the room? If so open it (when showering) to allow more ventilation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back