Ensuite refit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In light of distancing because of coronavirus i need to continue with refitting ensuite. I intend to do as much myself as possible, but i dont want to tile if at all possible. Really helpful if someone could answer the following;
I am having tiles on the floor so will leave floor to tiler, however floor is old slightly uneven floorboards. I am raising the shower enclosure do i need to cover floorboards with marine ply? or equivalent under the shower only, to provide an even secure surface. I am assuming the rest of the floor will be hardibacker then tiled?
Also if i fit shower enclosure, coving, do all pipe work box in pipes then tiler will come in tile down walls shower enclosure etc. I intend then to do final fix with basin toilet units etc
I intend to replace all copper pipe with plastic. What happens to the earthing? I assume if there is no copper then no earthing required?
I have removed a section of plasterboard when removing old shower enclosure, am replacing with MB, but originally had loft insulation in plasterboard cavity, is this building regs/required?
Want to fit a pair of tooth brush charger/holders. It has an old shaver socket, I assume you can connect to his, it is running off the lighting circuit in the loft.
Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back