Entrotech remote door opening?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a client who has an Entrotech door entry system, ground floor flat block of 8. My client is disabled, getting around is difficult for him. Does anyone know if something can be retro fitted to the handset so he can remotely open the door, E.G. from other rooms inside his house. As he's ground floor and at home all the time, he's the one who gets buzzed for entry he also gets a lot of deliveries of his own for work. None of the residents are keen on a service button. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. Im keen to help this guy out.

Sponsored Links
Depends on Which system he has ….does the door open by pressing the button on the handset WHITHOUT it been rung first ….?

IMG_7733.jpeg IMG_7768.jpeg IMG_7770.jpeg IMG_7764.jpeg
Thanks for replying, I'm pretty sure it does. Part of the issue is his door release button doesn't work, new handset ordered. Audio amp is an URMET 1128/500 if this helps.

Bit of strange one …. Handset is Entrotec …some parts of the panel look like Entrotec and some don’t ! Entrotec have used there own speech units for a fair few years , that is Urmet speech unit
Has the door release ever worked ?
Do the other flats have the same handset ? As this may be the issue ….

Sponsored Links
Hi, The door release has recently stopped working, it’s actually intermittent, if the switch is wiggled it sometimes works. Button isn’t missing, just taken off.
3 of the other flats, so 4 out of 8 have the same handsets, haven’t seen the others. I’ve ordered a Entrotec ED3+, which should be a direct replacement.

I think you should have ordered a RH3+ as your handset has a buzzer , all the ED handsets are tone generated

Oh. Ok, so the ED3 won’t work?
Any ideas about retro fitting anything to remotely activate the door release?

A short ( or push button ) between DR and 0v ( that’s the top terminal 1 and third 3 ) should operate the release
Try it with a short piece of wire

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back