Intercom,no buzz alert tone.

R

rules&rulers

Hello all,a relative of mine has just moved into a flat and the door entry intercom system in his flat does dot buzz or make any alert sound when the external (3 floors down) push button is pushed.
This is the unit http://www.intercomsrus.com/handset... style 5 wire Intercom Handset Data Sheet.pdf
I t has a sliding 3 way switch on the bottom which i think is low/medium/high alert sound or does it have a privacy off setting ?.
Looking inside the unit all the 5 wires are well connected and pushing the door release button will open the external door.
So has anyone got any ideas on how to rectify the no alert buzz sound ?, does the alert sound come from the handset as we cant see anything in main housing that generates a sound.
Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
It will be tone generated via the handset , check if there is sound on the intercom when you pick it up , if not faulty handset or handset lead

If it's 5-wire analogue it still uses a call signal on pin 5 to power the tone. Check for voltage - probably 12 volts AC - across Call and Common wires when the downstairs button is pressed.

No voltage suggests broken wire or a faulty button downstairs.

sparkymarka,thank you. we will check outside sound when we visit tomorrow.

owaindiyer,many thanks for the info,please can i ask which terminals to check voltage across .That would be a great help,as it may have to be reffered to the managing agent.

The property was built in 2004 the exterior call buttons on the external panel have seen a lot of wear over the years,some illuminated some not maybe and the intercom handset was unplugged on the floor when they collected the keys.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Have you spoken to the other flat owners. Is it isolated to your relatives flat, or all of them.

The fault was in the handset,new handset now fitted and all up and working.

Thanks to all,again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back