missing intercom handset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I hoping someone will be able to assist. I have moved into a flat and the door entry intercom wiring has been cut and the handset removed!! I have identified the handset (LT TERRANEO 603 Original) and have photographed to wiring of the flat downstairs and from the front door intercom.

Before i just by a compatible replacement, I am wondering, is it possible to use a standard telephone to hook into the existing wiring to act as the speaker, mic and buzzer function and if so how?

photos attached and any assistance very much appreciated.

http://www.intercomsrus.com/handset pdf/LT 603 Original Intercom Handset Data Sheet.pdf

[/url]

Sponsored Links
Get your landlord to fix it, part of the flat's fixtures & fittings.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Thanks for the responses guys, they are appreciated but my question was more around the possibility of using an existing house phone as the speaker and mic function for the intercom?

"""""
Before i just by a compatible replacement, I am wondering, is it possible to use a standard telephone to hook into the existing wiring to act as the speaker, mic and buzzer function and if so how?

"""""

Any help / advice appreciated
Thanks

no, it is not possible to use a standard telephone.

Intercoms work on 10-12V DC and have a 10-12V AC buzzer.

Telephones work on 50V DC and have a 75V AC ringer.

Some systems have interfaces available whereby a standard phone can be used for an intercom, this is usually to allow the use of cordless phones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back