epdm and fascias

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm planning on fitting an epdm membrane to my garage. I've done some research on how to fit it, the gutter edge and other edges but i'm not sure how best to fit new fascias.

Currently the fascia boards are simply nailed into the joist ends that are suspended across the walls. The bottom of the fascia boards are just about level with the top of the wall My issue is even with the epdm overlap on the edge its not going to come right down to the bottom of the fascia thus my concern is there is still some space for water to get in behind the fascia. I hope that makes sense!

Dave

Sponsored Links
Yes the new fascias will be deeper. Is their any specific way to seal them at edges, joins and where they meet the brick?

Apologies if that is a stupid question!

Dave

Sponsored Links
Post a pic of what your trying to explain please.

I think I know what your saying, In which case.....As said in the posts above, You'll need deeper fascia.

Posting a pic will help lots.

Cheers.

Zebedee

Hello,

Pictures attached as follows.

This is a bit of an old photo the lintel has been replaced. I really just want to make sure I fit new fasica boards correctly. I plan to just nail them onto new joists, with a decent overlap onto the brick wall and flush with deck board when its fitted. I will then put a batton along for the epdm edge trim.

Is this approach acceptable? Also, what type of wood should I be using, i've been told to use marine ply and paint it but i'm not sure to be honest.

Hope that makes a bit more sense.

David.

When you say, what type of wood, do you mean the decking, ? if so use OSB T&G boards.
If you meant facias, you dont need timber behind the facias, unless your using cappit board.
If you are useing Permaroof trims, you dont need a batten on the gutter edge, the trim is designed to shed the water into gutters.

When you say, what type of wood, do you mean the decking, ? if so use OSB T&G boards.
If you meant facias, you dont need timber behind the facias, unless your using cappit board.
If you are useing Permaroof trims, you dont need a batten on the gutter edge, the trim is designed to shed the water into gutters.

Yes, im using OSB for the decking. It was choosing timber for the actual facias I wasnt sure on. The gutter is along the end of the garage.

I'm intending to get my epdm from rubba seal, and use the trims they supply with it.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back