EPDM - flat roof to pitched corner question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help greatly appreciated on this.

New build in the planning. It has an EPDM flat roof dormer that meets a pitched roof with a few rows of plain tiles above and to the sides of the dormer.

I can’t find any decent pics of the EPDM corner details where the flat roof meets the pitched roof.

Rubber4roofs suggests stick on corners.
This builder (great vid series btw) at 9:34 suggests a splayed EPDM piece
Felted roofs seem to have a lead saddle at this point - not seen that on EPDM.

Anyone know what’s best practice and massive bonus points for a few photos.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Felted roofs
It's all I've ever done, regards flat roofs. Mainly owing to the fact I have a brilliant felt roofer on hand. No Idea how the flashing detailing works regards the rubber or GRP. I stay well away from that stuff.

Any help greatly appreciated on this.

New build in the planning. It has an EPDM flat roof dormer that meets a pitched roof with a few rows of plain tiles above and to the sides of the dormer.

I can’t find any decent pics of the EPDM corner details where the flat roof meets the pitched roof.

Rubber4roofs suggests stick on corners.
This builder (great vid series btw) at 9:34 suggests a splayed EPDM piece
Felted roofs seem to have a lead saddle at this point - not seen that on EPDM.

Anyone know what’s best practice and massive bonus points for a few photos.

Cheers!
Firestone EPDM uses ready made EPDM corners which are activated using a primer .
They also use a product called Formflash which is can be stretched and dressed like lead , it uses a primer to activate the uncured butyl on the underside to make it stick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back