EPDM & Pebble Dash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace a flat roof on a house extension. Currently it has the cold roof style set up and I am advised that over time condensation has rotted the boards from underneath. We are now getting pooling of water and leaks. The gravel has been taken back, the grooves/gaps have been applied with roof repair solution (Ronseal stuff I think), and the gravel put back. This is helping, but naturally the roof should be replaced.

I was looking at replacing with a warm roof set up, using Celotex TD4096 boards and covering with EPDM.

Bonding the EPDM to the wall might be an issue for me as the wall has pebble dash on it. I know it's tricky to remove pebble dash to take a house back to nice brick, but i'm wondering here if for my purposes it will be ok, ie, i'm not looking at taking it back to look nice, i'm looking at taking it off so I can bond the EPDM to the wall. Is this ok or are there any "gotchas" I should be aware of?

Sponsored Links
You would run the epdm up the wall and under a lead apron which is channeled into the wall.

Do you mean I wouldn't have to take the pebble dash off at all, or indeed it should be removed still?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back