Fibreglass Upstands & EPDM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Might sound like an easy question but not being sure myself I don't mind asking a daft question; Would the following product, a fibreglass wall fillet trim be ok to use with an EPDM covering on a flat roof? : https://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/product/fibreglass-wall-fillet-trim-d260-3m-length.html

ie, would the EPDM bond to it ok and would I need to soften the connection between the trim and the decking with tape or something?

I'm hoping this product will be ok as it would save me having to create wooden upstands (the walls are pebble dash).

Sponsored Links
Do your EPDM instructions say use an angle fillet? Then you are best using one if thats the case. Treated (or untreated ) angle fillet is available in various lengths and section sizes.

You dont flash over pebble dash - behind the flashing/upstand remove it back to the brick & cut your flashing/upstand slot in the correct height brick bed.

By the way you don't need an angle fillet with EPDM, as it's quite happy with a 90% angle.

Sponsored Links
Thank you to you both. That'd be even more brilliant if I can go 90 degrees straight onto the brick. Also, the elastoform tape the guy uses in that video, I did a research on that and I think that solves a problem I had in one very fiddly corner. Nice.

I originally looked at taking the pebble dash off and going to the brick but then saw some people putting flashing into the pebble dash and thought it was ok to do it :) The more I look at it, flashing into the pebble dash is a crap idea.

The Elastoform uncured EPDM tape is really, really malleable and stretchy.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back