EPDM Roofing on Prefab Concrete Garage - How thick ply??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Seeing as I cant afford a nice new garage, I have decided to revamp the concrete pebbledash leaky asbestos roofed garage I already have....

I have done some trawling around this forum and the internet and have decided that EPDM is the way to go, in place of the asbestos.

So just a few questions...
1. How thick does my ply base have to be?? The garage is 3m x 5.5m.
2. How often should i fit a support bar or purlin? At the moment i think they are at about 1.2m centres but thats only to support the lightweight Asbestos.

If anyone has any advice having done a similar job then i would appreciate any pointers...

Once i have it water tight then i'll fit a new window and render the pebble dash before one of my kids grinds a facial feature off!!

Sponsored Links
I would fit extra support in between the existing so they are at 600mm centres and a deck of mimimum 18mm WBP. Selco are usually pretty good for sheet materials and 25mm may be possible if the price isn't much more than the 18mm.

Thanks DAZB,

I'll price up the materials based on your recommendations.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back