Erecting new fence on block paving drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I need to erect a new fence on a block paving drive. The fence would need 2 or 3 posts and would be 2.5m in length with a gate on one end. The drive is boxed off on both sides. I was thinking of using these > http://www.diy.com/departments/metp...68_BQ&ef_id=VSPR3AAAAXR3WoRe:20150407124724:s but I'm not sure if fixing these to the block paving is ideal as obviously the block paving is free standing and only held together with some sand.

I guess my other option is to lift the blocks and either dig a hole and place the posts or maybe even putting down a layer of conc and drilling the holders (above) to that then cutting the block paving to sit back around this.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
bolt-down supports will be futile.

You need to lift some of the pavers and dig a hole.

As it will be tiresome to dig them up again after a few years, do not use a post that will rot. I recommend concrete posts, or, if you dislike them, concrete spurs with wooden posts bolted to them but raised away from the ground.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back