Options for new fence on a slope

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a 100' garden that needs a new fence(both sides).
I looked at installing a closeboard fence and the work/costs involved.. The option of using a panel fence seems easier, but as the garden has a large slope (4 meter difference), this will have some rather large steps in the panels.. this creates a problem of understanding what size posts to erect as you progress up the slope.. I figured a way around this would be to install concrete spurs and fix wooden posts to this which can be trimmed accordingly once the panels are in place..
Are the concrete spurs ok to use as a new install ? and can I still use conc. gravel boards, which will also be used to retain some earth in the difference in hieght between the nieghbouring garden

Apart from the above does anyone know of an easier / cost effective system for fencing on a slope.. I thought about building a block wall but as this will require rendering on both sides the work is too much for a 4-5ft wall

Sponsored Links
Spurs are a good option, easier to install as well. Concrete gravel boards are a must if they will be part buried, Be aware that you can get concrete boards in 12" as well as 6" (bloody heavy though)

get a proper fence.

yes it will cost you more, but it will outlast fence panels by years and years.

fence panels are made from very thin timber that does not last

Sponsored Links
closeboard wil last years and looks better on sloping ground. If you are going for the cheaper option, the easiest method is to oversize the posts and then once they have been erected cut them down to size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back