Fencing on sloping site

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace approx 70ft straight line fencing on sloping site (not steep). Which would be easier to erect closeboard or panels? If closeboard is there any disadvantage to using crossrails butted to the posts instead of arris and therefore make it easier to follow the line of the slope?

Sponsored Links
hazzer51 said:
I have to replace approx 70ft straight line fencing on sloping site (not steep). Which would be easier to erect closeboard or panels? If closeboard is there any disadvantage to using crossrails butted to the posts instead of arris and therefore make it easier to follow the line of the slope?
I would use concrete post and gravel board and step it down every panel depending on your slope. The reason for having panel is that you can replace it if damaged or rotted. You can make a closeboard panel to slot into the concrete post.

Panels would be quicker but every panel would have to be steped down the slope, use wood posts as they look better if the step down of the pannel is a big one.
Closeboard doesnt need stepping down at each bay if on a gentle slope, they would follow the contour of the ground better, use arris rails they will need a little trimming to fit the slots due to the drop down to next post, same for the gravel boards they will need the angle of the drop cut to each end.

Don't forget if you use panels you may need to use over length posts due to the slope.

Moderator, see Item 10a ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back