Erratic DHW on Savio 424s

Tony

I have not had a chance to remove and clean, but have managed to measure flow return temps, albeit with a digital cooking thermometer clamped to flow and returns whilst hot tap open for 5 mins or so.

The readings I got were about 65c flow and about 40c return (measured at outlet union of pump, cant get higher with out taking burner cover off, and didnt want to do that.

If I do have an observation, it is that the on/off times seem to be reducing to 3/4 secs on, 3/4 sec off.

Steve

Sponsored Links
I would not recommend that method as accurate but might be comparable.

It indicates to me that its partly blocked. It needs cleaning.

There may however be another problem but that may be gas related. However, clean the plate to eliminate that from the equation and restore maximum performance.

Tony

Tony

Think I am barking up the wrong tree here, and have misled you. I have just had another go at analysis and decided to start from scratch ie what works and what doesnt to establish a clear picture.

AND I can report that i DO have the same issue on CH and DHW. On demand, the boiler starts up and then stops. THis repeats itself every 5-6 seconds on BOTH CH and DHW. So now think my move toward blocked Plate HE maybe a red herring.

I can say that on CH, the temp lights dont go above 40 degs C whilst it is 'on-off' ing. Suggesting that it is not the same symptom as when I had a sticky diverter. Am starting to look toward flame detection and know I have limitations here but would appreciate some advice as to what 'electrical testing' I can perform to establish if 'flame detection' is working etc. My manual has some test voltages at the control panel so am happy to have a look at those.

I hope my electrical background suggests a level of competency here !!

Regards Steve

Sponsored Links
Since the problem is gas related then I cannot give you detailed advice on an open forum.

However, I would be prepared to discuss it further with you if you would like to telephone me. Since I cannot always answer my phone if its not asnwered in three rings the stop and try later and dont leave any message.

Most of the time this evening I should be able to answer.

Tony

Tony

Tried to contact you last night and tonight via numbers on your DIYNOT profile - but went to a/machine and you advised not to leave message. I also sent an email to the email address in your profile - but no reply as yet - is that email address up to date?

Look forward to contact.

Steve

I expected that you would have called on the evening that I posted that but was unable to answer the phone on Wednesday evening. Thats assuming that you are calling from a disclosed number.

I have not seen your email but due to the volume of spam if it was sent from a suspicious address and/or without a proper subject then it might have been deleted with reading. I have just deleted the 40 that came today !

Try again.

Tony

Tony

I will re-email at 0900 this morning with my contact details and telephone you this evening at 7 - My home number is 'number withheld', but my mobile starts 07860 229

Steve

I have not received your email but I have noticed that the address in my profile had a slight error which has now been corrected. That should now work fine.

Like most people in our trade I dont answer calls from unidentified numbers because most of them are just people selling something we dont want!

At our launderette the landline is set to only receive disclosed numbers.

I can never understand why people ever want to call from witheld numbers!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back