Error code E5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an Ideal Logic combi boiler with Honeywell programmer/thermostat 14 months old.

My boiler was displaying error E5 when I called Ideal the agent had to go away and consult someone as to what this E5 message meant, she came back with the explanation "The boiler is in standby mode and is not receiving a call to turn on, so it is a thermostat problem not the boiler itself" that was the case and all is working fine now , but why is that E5 error message not listed in the manual supplied with the boiler at installation, seems strange.I wondered if anyone could enlighten me regarding this?

Also if anyone could explain what the Over ride button is for and when I would need to use it? is what does the "Over ride" button do?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Also if anyone could explain what the Over ride button is for
The over ride button on the programmer?
Heating is on twice a day and due to come on at 5 o clock
You come home at 4 and are cold.
Push the over ride button & heating comes on now but will go off at 10 as normal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back