error message

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone shed any light on the following error message,i usually leave my machine running for a few days at a time,it then freezes and displays the following message and needs powering down to clear it,control +alt+ delete doesnt respond

W2csldr2 has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL
W2csdlr2 will now close
if you continue experiencing problems try restarting your computer

Sponsored Links
Which version of Windows are you using?

I found a reference on a German website, looks like you may have a Trojan or Malware.

What antivirus/anti Adware/Spyware etc tools are you using?

Windows Milenniun is a rotten package.

Try Adaware SE Personal (free) from lavasoft.de

It is a safe and well-recommended tool.

It does not run automatically, you have to run it manually and it cleans stuff out.

Download from

www lavasoft.com/products/ad-aware_se_personal.php

(skip round the paid-for stuff)

www.lavasoft.com

/products/ad-aware_se_personal.php

Sponsored Links
ch427 ... if nothing you try works then do this.

#First .... download Ewido/AVG Anti Spyware here .....

http://www.ewido.net/en/

[It's a fully working trial version]

Reboot to safe mode .... scan with the program .... let it fix what it wants.

#Second .... even if step #1 fixes your problem completely (which I doubt) go here ....

http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Pr...yware,_Adware,_and_Web_Browser_Hijackers.html

....and work through the steps. Even of some don't work for ME do what you can.

Post back and let us know if your problem is fixed. If not there are other things we can do.

PCH

will report back in a day or so,dont hold much hope as even adaware froze earlier every time i tried to run it,good thing is a new computer is planned very soon!

Whatever happens post a HijackThis log at the end of your work so we can see more of what's going wrong.

PCH

This is Windows ME. Not even worth trying to diagnose. Did you reload it, as was suggested on a previous thread?

Apologies, I was confusing you with someone else in a similar thread.

ME is nasty. What's the spec. of your machine as I would recommend dumping the O/S.

ch427 said:
its pretty poor,amd athlon xp 1250mhz,512mb,40gb thats all i know

Sounds like it would run XP Home without too much trouble and believe me, it will be less trouble than ME. You can pick up an OEM copy for about 50 quid and you'll get any drivers you need from the Internet, although XP covers most for basic use.

Sponsored Links
Back