error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks, everytime i turn on the pc wating for it to load this annoying pop up come on screen i just click ok and goes can anyone send it to the bin for ever !! this is the message.... xwj view error... error could not execute main: the system cannot find the specified file..... whats all that about :eek:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Kev is correct. It sounds like either a program you have uninstalled or some spyware application still has a shortcut or registry entry in the startup locations. If not XP, you will have to tell us which operating system you have for instructions.

In XP, look for it in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.

Also, click START>RUN and type MSCONFIG and press <ENTER>. Click the Startup tab and see if there is any reference to the file. If it's there, you can uncheck the box to disable it.

Are your antivirus and antispyware definitions up to date?

igor done what you said there is loads of stuff in the window e g..

rundl32 p2p netwoking qttask etc etc so i dont know which box to uncheck regards

The error message is so meaningless that it is suggests that it may be a bit of spyware you have been unlucky enough to pick up.

Run one of the multitude of removal tools such as adaware, spysweeper etc. (search this forum there are loads).

Merv

poshman said:
igor done what you said there is loads of stuff in the window e g..

rundl32 p2p netwoking qttask etc etc so i dont know which box to uncheck regards

Post the entries listed in the startup folder (not the msconfig results).

Do as Merv suggests and do a spyware scan.

There are a couple of reasons why this may be happening. One is a java loading window but we'll deal with that later if needs be. I suspect that you may have couponica or some related spyware.

Download hijackthis from the following link. Unzip and run it and save the log file. Copy and paste the contents of the file here and i'll have a look to see if i can spot what's going on (if anything).

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Also in the meantime check (do a search) for anything on your pc which says couponica.exe, or in task manager is couponica.exe running, or is there a folder in your program files called couponica.

Sponsored Links
Back