Escutcheon needed for 4" boiler flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The escutcheon (collar, gaiter ??) split and fell off my gas boiler flue where it exits through the outside brick wall. I've googled and can't find anything like it -- maybe because I'm using the wrong terminology.

It appears to be made of some kind of rubber, maybe silicone, and is a tight fit on a 4" o.d. flue pipe. I suppose a metal one would do the job just as well, but I can't find anthing other than small ones for water pipes. Can anyone help me with a source please?

20221112_161833.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks thomp1983. I tried 'collar' and it eventually led me to a 'rosette' which looks like it'll do the job :unsure:

Looks like they used the internal one given the UV breakdown, try 'boiler flue sealing collar', you might find a few more.

Sponsored Links
These make for a nice finish

Reactions: CBW
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

You may be right about the old one being an internal one Madrab, though it has lasted maybe 20 years.

My flue is sealed with mortor, so no gap between pipe and brickwork for your suggestion muggles. Seems like mine is only decorative.

The one in your link CBW is the one I found using thomp1983's search phrase, and I've emailed them to confirm it's for a 4"/100mm flue pipe.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back