ESPAG HANDLES FOR PVC WINDOWS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to refit an espag window handle tp a pvc window. The 2 bolts attaching the handle have come out but I cannot seem to get the bolts to "bite" when putting them back in . Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Either the thread has stripped in the mech?

The screws arent long enough to reach the mech?

Theres not really a great deal else it could be :cry:

By "mech" do you mean mechanism ? If thread has gone in this any ideas how to got these bolts back in ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
By "mech" do you mean mechanism ? If thread has gone in this any ideas how to got these bolts back in ?
Thanks

Yes, mech=mechanism

Short of replacing the mech then i would use long self tapers and go through the mech and into the pvc being careful not to go right through so just measure what length you need, technically just a touch longer than the machine screw that holds the handle on.

Are you sure the threads have gone though, why no take the mech out for a closer look, seeing as the handles already off you'll only have 5 or 6 screws on the side, pop it out and ay a butchers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back