Estimate - new pipe from common water supply to house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a leak in the supply pipe, job involves 10.5 m pipe replacement, connectiong to house pipe system, pipe runs under a crazy paving drive, got estimates which all claimed that two holes would be enough and a mole would be used to install new plastic pipe, job then finished by replacing crazy paving to original state (or as close as possible), quoted £600 plus VAT (North London), does that sound right?

Sponsored Links
Your question is about money and nothing to do with plumbing & heating. Presumably you're asking a money question because you think whatever you're having done will cost too much money.

Try 'Money Saving Expert'. It's a site where, like you, no-one's interested in the technicalities or quality of any job. They just discuss price.

I manually dug a trench outside and ran the supply under the floorboards and connected to their kitchen sink with a new mains water supply. They had some old shared reservoir supply before. I charged £550.00 thinking it would be quick and easy. It took me four days in the end and was hard work and left with a ****load of wet soil as it rained the whole frekkin week. I would charge a minimun of £1000 next time but get another company to the character building trench digging.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back