New Supply Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All
My water supply pipe is weeping and needs to be replaced as its old.
I have got a quote from a local company who will install one using the moling method.
What other options do i have for this?

They said to ask the water company when then come to install the meter to supply blue pipe just into my boundry so they can connect onto it.

Will they do this automatically or will i have to apply for aseperate connection reconnect to the new pipe?

How much should this cost and any good supplier info would be great for Milton Keynes

Thanks so much

Sponsored Links
The other option to moling is to dig a deep trench the full length of the run, I don't really see why you'd want to do that though. If you leave enough spare pipe at the boundary end of your run the water company will cut it to the required length and attach it to the meter themselves. How much it will cost can be found out by contacting the water company and asking them. I've got a mate who's just had a new main run from the main in the road to his meter, and the onward connection to his supply pipe, done for nothing, but that's not to say yours will also be free. I think he paid the guy who moled through about £120

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back