Estimated cost to knock through to attached garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I hope you are well.

Wondered if someone would be able to give me an estimate to knock through an internal wall and add a doorway to an attached garage?

The property was extended some years ago and looks like the old doorway was sealed and turned in to a small cupboard (see attached floor plan). The wall behind it feels like solid brick.

Hoping to add a door so I can use the garage without having to raise and lower the large door all the time.

Many thanks,

Charlie.

Attachments

• floorplan.png
    floorplan.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 398
Sponsored Links
I believe you will need a fire rated door, building control approved. A suitable (existing) lintel above the old door will save on costs. It depends where you are in the country but I would guess between £800 and £1.2k plus materials in this scenario. More if a lintel is needed, maybe also a step down into the garage, all add to the cost so get that sorted upfront. The challenge would be to find a reliable builder/chippie given the very high demand for services atm.

Blup

Can you see the brickwork from inside the garage? If so take a picture on of where the door was, and post it.

Sponsored Links
Back