Estimating central heating costs

I've got a Worcester 40CDi. It's now been superseded by the 42Cdi.

The Bosch 40CDi has a hot water flow rate of 20 - 25 litres per minute @ delta 35ºC, its surprising you are having problems with two flows.

We presently have a Bocsh water heater (19kW) with flow rate of 11L/m @25 and we can shower and use at least one tap at the same time.

Do you have water limiters fitted to the taps?

Sponsored Links
You have wrong DHW flow rates for the Worcester boiler.

24 kW gives about 9 li/min and you can scale that.

In the UK we work on a 35 C increase which is fine in summer but the flow has to be reduced during the winter when the i/c water is cooler.

In the Med its common for showers to be lower flow rate but in the UK we assume 10 li/min as normal.

I am surprised at the high heat loss of your property!

Tony

You have wrong DHW flow rates for the Worcester boiler.

24 kW gives about 9 li/min and you can scale that.

In the UK we work on a 35 C increase which is fine in summer but the flow has to be reduced during the winter when the i/c water is cooler.

In the Med its common for showers to be lower flow rate but in the UK we assume 10 li/min as normal.

I am surprised at the high heat loss of your property!

Tony
The figure came out of the 40CDi brochure.

You are not the first to comment on the high heatloss. The property has 180m2 and 565m3 of air due to 4,1m ceilings. There are two internal patios and 20 balcony windows 2,1x1,5m.

Calc based on following materials:
Windows 1,50 W/m²K
Ext wall 2,20 W/m²K
Int wall 1,20 W/m²K
Marble floors 2,00 W/m²K
Roof (wooden, no insulation- its a communal area) 1,90 W/m²K
Roof false- 1,90 W/m²K
Glass roof area 4,00 W/m²K
Air change loss 0,36 W/m³h

The max requirement uses the max historical external temp of -5,5deg, with an average winter temp 5 deg heating the requirement falls to 16kW. So we are looking at a combi 22kw heating and 30kw hot water.

I did this in excel, heard there are programmes to calculate heatloss- what would you recommend?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back