Etching Base coat/keying paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have painted our skirting and banisters etc with Dulux satin wood paint, their none gloss equivalent.

However it is greasy to touch leaving a horrible feeling on your hands and in some places it can just peel off in strips.

I'm certain this is down to poor prep where we painted straight over the matt paint there previously.

However while researching this I found reference to a base coat that keys itself to the surface/paint on another forum.

I cannot for the love of me find this or recall what it was called. Am I dreaming or is there such a thing and is it any good?

Regards

Chris.

Sponsored Links
We've striped the banisters to the wood but it used loads of nitronox which cost a fair bit. I'm going to heat gun and scrape the skirting and architraves then base coat them. I was looking at this keying paint to help with a better finish.

Sponsored Links
Better off using a 1/4 sheet sander. No need to strip it all off. When it's smooth it's ready for your standard primer/undercoat. Wear a mask when sanding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back