EU triggers legal action against UK.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The EU is trying to overturn the internal markets bill, this law was passed by a Sovereign UK government, it only applies within the borders of the UK, so therefore the EU has no right to dictate which laws a British government can or cannot make.
Boris Johnson could be hauled in front of a foreign EU court.
It will be interesting to see how Boris reacts to this gross interference in UK internal affairs.
https://www-express-co-uk.cdn.amppr...action-Boris-Johnson-UK-bill-statement-letter

Sponsored Links
This is just a face saving measure by the EU. It won't go anywhere.

Section 45

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/58-01/0177/20177.pdf

Further provision related to sections 42 and 43 etc(1)The following have effect notwithstanding any relevant international ordomestic law with which they may be incompatible or inconsistent—(a)section 42;(b)any regulations made under section 42(1);(c)section 43;(d)any regulations made under section 43(1);(e)this section;(f)any other provision of this Act so far as relating to the provisions inparagraphs (a) to (e).

Welcome to the rule by Führerprinzip. The leader shall be the sole authority. Hitler would approve.

I wouldn't waste your time reading it until it gets finalised.

Sponsored Links
Boris Johnson could be hauled in front of a foreign EU court.

that's an interesting assertion.

Nonsense, of course. What court do you have in mind?

Tell me, have they finished building the new border posts down your way? How high are the fences?

Wrong way around

Boris is desperate, he has run out of spin and propaganda as Brexit reality gets closer.

Internal market bill is just a dead cat, it's not going any where.

I wouldn't waste your time reading it until it gets finalised.
True Internal market bill is going nowhere.

UK will accept EU fishing access
UK will accept LPF
UK will accept state aid

Boris is running down the clock, it's all he can do

Wrong way around

Boris is desperate, he has run out of spin and propaganda as Brexit reality gets closer.

Internal market bill is just a dead cat, it's not going any where.
I respectfully disagree, but time will prove one of us right :)

I respectfully disagree, but time will prove one of us right :)
Logic is against you :)

Brexit makes a regulatory border in Ireland.

The WA agrees the border in the Irish Sea
NI stays in SM for goods.

Internal market bill tears that up.
So where's the border going.....it's not going bet NI, RoI that breaks GFA
Breaking GFA rules out US deal
No border isn't poss that breaks WTO

So I'm not sure where you think you can go with it.

Agree. It’s that urgent that they have given us a month to respond before they decide what action to take. :ROFLMAO:

All I see is this:

FFECBB1D-8B0B-4C3E-A530-C8315C86125E.gif

Logic is against you :)

Brexit makes a regulatory border in Ireland.

The WA agrees the border in the Irish Sea
NI stays in SM for goods.

Internal market bill tears that up.
So where's the border going.....it's not going bet NI, RoI that breaks GFA
Breaking GFA rules out US deal
No border isn't poss that breaks WTO

So I'm not sure where you think you can go with it.
I think that you will be surprised with what we end up with once all the sabre rattling is over and perversely disappointed that your predictions of doom and gloom are proved wrong.

There are people who are far more knowledgeable that you or i who are determined to make this a success.

There's a lot of hot air coming out of all sides at the moment. Trade will win out in the end.

I think that you will be surprised with what we end up with once all the sabre rattling is over and perversely disappointed that your predictions of doom and gloom are proved wrong.
They are not predictions; they are grave concerns.

There are people who are far more knowledgeable that you or i who are determined to make this a success.
It might appear so to you.

There's a lot of hot air coming out of all sides at the moment. Trade will win out in the end.
Not up to the government, then. That's a relief.

There are people who are far more knowledgeable that you or i who are determined to make this a success

Unfortunately there aren't people that are determined to make it a success.

None of the different groups wanting Brexit want it to be a success, that is not its intended purpose.

Brexit is a vehicle for making money by self interest, there is no interest in it being successful for the general public.

Sponsored Links
Back