EU triggers legal action against UK.

Don't forget plod needing to access the EU's database 1.5 million times a day for the 20,000 daily UK crimes.
Well I guess when the next terrorist event happens, you won't be moaning about 'where was the intelligence'?

Sponsored Links
Funny how every single news outlet (reluctantly) admitted the Japan deal is an improvement on the EU deal.
You seem to be praying for failure. Why Notch?

Any word on our contributions amounting to over half the EU’s other countries COMBINED.

True Internal market bill is going nowhere.

UK will accept EU fishing access
UK will accept LPF
UK will accept state aid

Boris is running down the clock, it's all he can do
I am glad you posted that Notch because every prediction you have made so far has been wrong.
You got the referendum result wrong , you got the election result wrong and you have the nerve to call Brexiteers dumb:D

The only purpose your mystic meg type predictions serve is to make Astrology look respectable.

Sponsored Links
Funny how every single news outlet (reluctantly) admitted the Japan deal is an improvement on the EU deal.
You seem to be praying for failure. Why Notch?

Which news outlets were these? They impose tighter restrictions on State Aid than the EU.

All of the sabre rattling has been by Johnson and the Tory party.

The EU have been entirely consistent with what was set out in the Withdrawal Agreement and PD.

1. Integrity of Single Market to be protected
2. Equal access to fishing
3. Tariff free access to SM only if UK agrees to LPF, State aid and acceptable body for arbitration.

There is nothing unreasonable about any of that despite Brexiteers believing the EU are negotiating fairly.
Are the EU really negotiating in good faith when they use the Belfast agreement as a negotiation tool to gain advantage.
The Belfast agreement has nothing to with trade or the EU but it hasn't stopped the EU insinuating that if they don't get their way it could lead to violence.

I am glad you posted that Notch because every prediction you have made so far has been wrong.
You got the referendum result wrong , you got the election result wrong and you have the nerve to call Brexiteers dumb:D

The only purpose your mystic meg type predictions serve is to make Astrology look respectable.

How on earth did I get the referendum result wrong? I joined Diynot in 2017.
How did I get the election result wrong? I predicted a 100 seat Tory majority, pretty damn close.
I predicted Buffon would capitulate on fishing.....he has. It's obvious to anybody following reality he would.

Since 2016:
Pound dropped 20%
Foreign direct investment dropped 19%
UK lost AAA credit rating
£1 tr assets moved from UK to EU

Point out any mystic meg predictions in that lot :mrgreen:

Oh and:
UK is leaving SM, result will be increased costs

Why: because UK does 50% trade with EU and every transaction will now cost more
Somewhere around 100 million extra customs declarations at £40 a pop

Go on point out the mystic meg in that.

What about the £1 billion cost of replicating REACH regulations.......where is the mystic meg prediction in that?

UK is losing almost every trade agreement it has in Jan.....that leaves the UK weak in future trade negotiations.....,where is the mystic meg prediction in that.

Go on, point out exactly which of my posts gives a "mystic meg prediction"

Are the EU really negotiating in good faith when they use the Belfast agreement as a negotiation tool to gain advantage.
The Belfast agreement has nothing to with trade or the EU but it hasn't stopped the EU insinuating that if they don't get their way it could lead to violence.

Rubbish, stop using dishonest arguments.

RoI is in the EU Single Market
NI has left due to Brexit.

RoI and UK will therefore be in different regulatory jurisdictions.

Go on explain to me how that can work without a border?
Explain to me how NI RoI is different to Swiss French border or Turkish Greek border or Norway Sweden borders.....all borders separating EU from 3rd country ( not quite true with Norway as it's in SM)

This should be interesting, given that Brexiteers have a total lack of understanding of the Single Market, Customs Union and how it operates.

Rubbish, stop using dishonest arguments.

RoI is in the EU Single Market
NI has left due to Brexit.

RoI and UK will therefore be in different regulatory jurisdictions.

Explain to me how NI RoI is different to Swiss French border or Turkish Greek border or Norway Sweden borders.....all borders separating EU from 3rd country ( not quite true with Norway as it's in SM)

This should be interesting, given that Brexiteers have a total lack of understanding of the Single Market, Customs Union and how it operates.
The Northern Ireland Protocol exists to ensure that the progress that the people of Northern Ireland have made in the 22 years since the Belfast (Good Friday) Agreement is secured into the future. The Belfast Agreement is built on the principle of consent
The above is the reason the EU has insisted that the protocol is included in any agreement, nothing to do with trade.
Basically what the EU are saying that if the UK treats N.I. like the rest of the UK there will be trouble.

They need to grow up over there.
Punishment beatings & knee capping are still happening. Never stopped. Any excuse & it’ll kick off again. Weirdos.

The Northern Ireland Protocol exists to ensure that the progress that the people of Northern Ireland have made in the 22 years since the Belfast (Good Friday) Agreement is secured into the future. The Belfast Agreement is built on the principle of consent
The above is the reason the EU has insisted that the protocol is included in any agreement, nothing to do with trade.
Basically what the EU are saying that if the UK treats N.I. like the rest of the UK there will be trouble.

as expected you have avoided answering:

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/eu-triggers-legal-action-against-uk.553882/page-3#ixzz6Zi0MangQ

WRONG

NI cant be like the rest of the UK because its impossible to create a land border in Ireland

Jees us wept havent you got with the program yet?

please stop trying to conflate the argument by saying it has nothing to do with trade.

The above is the reason the EU has insisted
NO

"The overall aim of the Northern Ireland protocol was to avoid the return of a "hard" land border between Northern Ireland, in the UK, and the Republic of Ireland, in the EU.

All sides agreed they did not want the return of border checks - or other physical infrastructure - which could become a target."

NO

"The overall aim of the Northern Ireland protocol was to avoid the return of a "hard" land border between Northern Ireland, in the UK, and the Republic of Ireland, in the EU.

All sides agreed they did not want the return of border checks - or other physical infrastructure - which could become a target."
Stop being disingenuous, the reference to border checks and physical infrastructure in the B.A. was about security and the prevention of terrorism.
When the B.A. was created Brexit wasn't an issue.
There has been a border in N.I. for 100 years, pretending there isn't one won't solve anything.

NO

So you agree that the N.I. protocol was about averting the threat of terrorism and nothing to do with trade.

Sponsored Links
Back