EU triggers legal action against UK.

That's 17 times every second. ???
my guess is its something to do with how the database counts a "search".
I dont know but it came from a reliable source

it combines border control, law enforcement and vehicle registration

The Schengen Information System (SIS) is the most widely used and largest information sharing system for security and border management in Europe
At the end of 2017, SIS contained approximately 76.5 million records, it was accessed 5.2 billion times and secured 243 818 hits (when a search leads to an alert and the authorities confirm it).

Sponsored Links
my guess is its something to do with how the database counts a "search".
I dont know but it came from a reliable source

it combines border control, law enforcement and vehicle registration

The Schengen Information System (SIS) is the most widely used and largest information sharing system for security and border management in Europe
At the end of 2017, SIS contained approximately 76.5 million records, it was accessed 5.2 billion times and secured 243 818 hits (when a search leads to an alert and the authorities confirm it).
So, border plod. That starts to get the numbers up, probably run all the names of people entering at major ports through it.

That's ok, we don't need control of our borders.</irony>

Ireland and the UK, if we **** around then they can mess around in return. What's that, you're stuck in a camp near Calais, how about a free trip to Ireland. There's some lovely camp sites there.

Or no hard borders and we get fined to death.

And we don't pay the fines? Who's to enforce ECJ? whom we no longer recognise as having any jurisdiction?

I suppose the point is, if their is one, normally the party that makes the rules, normally has the duty of enforcing them. After all we don't police ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
So not individual police requests then

Oops how embarrassing for you :D
not embarrassing for me.

it is for you.
can you point to where "individual police requests" (your words) is included in this sentence:
"Law enforcement officers in the UK accessed this database 539 million times in 2017"

If Fillyboy doesn't like it he had better take it up with the National Police Chiefs Council.

can you point to where "individual police requests" (your words) is included in this sentence:
"Law enforcement officers in the UK accessed this database 539 million times in 2017"

You wriggled out of it with.....my guess is its something to do with how the database counts a "search".

Stop being disingenuous, the reference to border checks and physical infrastructure in the B.A. was about security and the prevention of terrorism.
When the B.A. was created Brexit wasn't an issue.
There has been a border in N.I. for 100 years, pretending there isn't one won't solve anything.

If we leave the EU without an FTA, it's possible, I have a feeling ROI won't be far behind us, staying in the EU will become very expensive for them.

And we don't pay the fines? Who's to enforce ECJ? whom we no longer recognise as having any jurisdiction?

I suppose the point is, if their is one, normally the party that makes the rules, normally has the duty of enforcing them. After all we don't police ourselves.
Sanctions, probably international sanctions. Just look at North Korea.

Sanctions for what? The EU for not enforcing their rules? Guess they should be the bearer of sanctions in that case.
Ignoring fines issued by the ECJ. I'm far, far from an expert on this, even armchair. But there's money involved and we'd be too small to ignore it and hope it went away.

Ignoring fines issued by the ECJ. I'm far, far from an expert on this, even armchair. But there's money involved and we'd be too small to ignore it and hope it went away.

I dunno, many EU countries have ignored the ECJ.

I dunno, many EU countries have ignored the ECJ.
When it comes to not paying money? Let's face it ,human rights are one thing but not paying up is a different matter entirely.

Sponsored Links
Back