EU triggers legal action against UK.

I have a feeling ROI won't be far behind us
delusional

staying in the EU will become very expensive for them.
no it wont

RoI will look at the chaos in the UK and be laughing their heads off

anyway NI and RoI both stay in SM, so they will see plenty of inward investment

Dublin is already seeing plenty of moves from London for financial services.

Sponsored Links
delusional

no it wont

RoI will look at the chaos in the UK and be laughing their heads off

anyway NI and RoI both stay in SM, so they will see plenty of inward investment

Dublin is already seeing plenty of moves from London for financial services.

https://www.independent.ie/business...ax-in-its-sights-after-uk-quits-34835831.html

European heavy-hitters have been warned not to come after Ireland's low corporation tax or we will leave the EU, too.
Our regime is expected to come under renewed scrutiny in the wake of Britain's exit as they were our strongest ally in fending off demands for tax harmonisation.
But Fine Gael MEP Brian Hayes told the Irish Independent: "That is the absolute red line issue. Any attempt made to cajole us [on corporation tax], as far as I'm concerned, we're out the door.
"We cannot be tied into an anti-business, anti-growth pact while the Brits are allowed to move on.
"We have a lot more to lose than anybody else."
Ireland holds a veto over any changes to our tax system, but sources said the current turmoil will see everything put on the table as EU leaders struggle to deal with the fallout from a Brexit.

We lost a lot of Corporates to Ireland because of corporation tax, don't worry, they're all coming back here.

my guess is its something to do with how the database counts a "search".
I dont know but it came from a reliable source

it combines border control, law enforcement and vehicle registration

The Schengen Information System (SIS) is the most widely used and largest information sharing system for security and border management in Europe
At the end of 2017, SIS contained approximately 76.5 million records, it was accessed 5.2 billion times and secured 243 818 hits (when a search leads to an alert and the authorities confirm it).

See the other thread - its a big distributed Oracle database. Similar architecture (my guess) to the police national computer. i.e. its not one big database but many big databases connected. SIS II must contain more than 76.5 million records, that would be tiny and exclude 80% of those in the zone. Sorry but your source must have it wrong. No surprise I doubt the author understands any of the stats he/she is quoting. It could be true and only contain 76.5M records which explains why it returns nothing useful 99.995% of the time. Doesn't sound like we'd miss it.

Ireland seeing an influx is mainly down to its corporation taxes.
And the EU want a level playing field.
Laughable #Luxembourg,

Sponsored Links
https://www.independent.ie/business...ax-in-its-sights-after-uk-quits-34835831.html

European heavy-hitters have been warned not to come after Ireland's low corporation tax or we will leave the EU, too.
Our regime is expected to come under renewed scrutiny in the wake of Britain's exit as they were our strongest ally in fending off demands for tax harmonisation.
But Fine Gael MEP Brian Hayes told the Irish Independent: "That is the absolute red line issue. Any attempt made to cajole us [on corporation tax], as far as I'm concerned, we're out the door.
"We cannot be tied into an anti-business, anti-growth pact while the Brits are allowed to move on.
"We have a lot more to lose than anybody else."
Ireland holds a veto over any changes to our tax system, but sources said the current turmoil will see everything put on the table as EU leaders struggle to deal with the fallout from a Brexit.

We lost a lot of Corporates to Ireland because of corporation tax, don't worry, they're all coming back here.
Oh look.... Ireland holds a veto over any changes to our tax system,

Who thought of that. Laughable all the way to the banks.:)

Oh look.... Ireland holds a veto over any changes to our tax system,

Who thought of that. Laughable all the way to the banks.:)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...opean-commission-brexit-ireland-a8729396.html

The European Commission has proposed scrapping member states’ veto on tax policy, in a move that could see levies imposed on EU countries against their will.
Brussels says the requirement of unanimity for tax policy is out-dated and that moving to a system of qualified majority voting would help speed up the legislative process.
The bloc has struggled to agree ambitious policies such as a tax on US tech giants because of opposition from low-tax countries such as Luxembourg and Ireland.
The idea was immediately rejected the Irish government, with a spokesperson saying it “does not support any change being made to how tax issues are agreed at EU level”.

Not for much longer I fear, been on the cards for quite a while now. Now here's the thing, corporation tax by US companies is a huge proportion of Irelands gdp, to lose it would be fatal, Ireland have only in the last few years started to pay contributions into the EU, that figure will rise sharply next year and to cap it al, their two largest markets for exports are USA and UK.
When, not if, the EU brings Ireland into line on corporation tax, it would be insane for them to stay in the EU, nothing to do with Nationalism simply survival.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...11/feb/22/ireland-corporate-tax-rate-revealed

• Total corporate tax received by the exchequer in 2009 was €3.9bn – down from €6.7bn in 2006.

• Over the last 10 years, the US companies paid 33% of the total corporation tax

• Total contribution of US companies to Ireland's output is €38.7bn, or one fifth of Irish GDP or a quarter of GNP

• Large companies – foreign and indigenous - pay 75% of total corporate tax

• Of the top 250 companies, US paid €1.8bn or 48% of the total corporate tax in 2009

• Irish-owned companies contributed the next largest share (20%) followed by UK companies and the rest of the EU.

See the other thread - its a big distributed Oracle database. Similar architecture (my guess) to the police national computer. i.e. its not one big database but many big databases connected. SIS II must contain more than 76.5 million records, that would be tiny and exclude 80% of those in the zone. Sorry but your source must have it wrong. No surprise I doubt the author understands any of the stats he/she is quoting. It could be true and only contain 76.5M records which explains why it returns nothing useful 99.995% of the time. Doesn't sound like we'd miss it.

As a brexiteer of course you would argue it won't be missed.

Security experts say it will weaken security in this country.....perhaps I might choose to side with them.

My source was the police....the people who access it, maybe they know more than you.
Until I hear otherwise, I shall assume my source is correct.

it would be insane for them to stay in the EU, nothing to do with Nationalism simply survival

Brexit has nothing to do with survival and everything to do with nationalism.

It is insane for the UK to leave the EU on economic grounds.

Thank you for highlighting that point.

EU have triggered legal.action against Poland

And

Hungary

To. Name but 2

;)

Nothing new

Sponsored Links
Back