Eurocell composite doors - are they any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace my backdoor. There seem to be various websites out there offering generic composite doors via identical "design your door" software.

Eurocell seems to offer a branded alternative at a competitive price.

I appreciate that there are better composite doors available (Solidor etc) but they come with a significantly higher price tag.

For the money are Eurocell doors ok, i.e. reasonably secure/durable/insulated?

Obviously any door needs to be fitted well.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
My local supplier is a very big eurocell fabricator and they used to sell eurocell composites, I may be wrong here but I'm sure at the time a company called Rocal supplied the door slab either direct to eurocell or to my supplier, being a eurocell fabricator they knocked up the outer frame themselves, I guess eurocell would also do that in house, my supplier buys blank slabs in from elsewhere now and have their own CNC machine to route out all the inards, but back to eurocell doors, whoever made the slabs I found the doors to be good for the money, foam filled as opposed to timber core, most will tell you timber is better than foam which sounds logical nut others will say timber cored doors expand and contract at a different rate to the faces, foam cored doors suffer very little if any movement but you pays your money and you makes your choice!

Be more concerned about the fitting, that's where it's all at

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back