Composite Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking at replacing our existing back door with a new composite one.

We have asked two local suppliers/fitters for quotes so far and one has come back with a price (still waiting for the second quote to come through).

What I would like some guidance on is the quality of the doors they are quoting on, I have heard of manufacturers like 'Rock' and 'Solidor' etc. but the two I have been quoted on are made by 'Distinction Doors' and 'Sash'.

I have never heard of either make but that doesn't mean much, I didn't particularly ask for a budget make - these seem to be just their standard ranges they supply.

Does anyone have any experience of either door please? should I disregard them and look at a better known make?

I have heard it said that it is better to have a poor door fitted well than a good door fitted poorly but I would rather not start out with a poor door in the first place.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I believe Distinction use the ' Nanya ' slab for Composite doors , which currently most of the Composite door companies do ( with the exception of Solidor, Rockdoor, Endurance and soon to be Truedor( who will be making their own slabs.. ). On that basis it will be as good as most of the others. It will all come down to the type of locks and hinges they use, as this will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back