Solidor composite front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking to have a local company purchase and install a composite front door and they use Solidor and Door-Stop. They recommend Solidor over Door-Stop but the Google reviews look atrocious for Solidor with so many complaints (114 reviews and around sixty of them giving 1 star very bad reviews). I appreciate that they may have a number of satisfied customers but there are only around 30 five star good reviews.

Has anyone got any experience of Solidor composite doors ?

Currently I'm a bit limited to whatever my local company does trade with, I'm in Barnstaple, North Devon.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
I tend to judge companies by their reviews as it matters to me if they do not provide a good service with good products. Looking at some of the postings I may look at Door Stop, although I now see their reviews are just as bad, it seems a nightmare trying to find a reliable company.

Last edited:
We fit solidor and a few years ago had no issues. They then got bought by the same company that owns doorstop. Now they seem to bow and crack. We are just about to fit our first hallmark door as an alternative.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone for all the info.

I just got the quote from a local company for a Solidor which is going to cost me £3,200 I nearly fell over!
I wouldn't mind paying that price if it's a good product with a good warranty included, so it's decided it for me.
I'm going to order a door via a recommended supplier from a local fitter and he can fit the door.

Hopefully I no longer need to keep searching.
It's a shame that these companies have such bad reviews and it's not the case that they have glowing reviews with just one or two bad ones,
it's the other way around !

We use Solidor and Doorstop, also Rocal and Truedor ( IG Doors ) . Only problems we have had are with Rocal with Ordering /and manufacturieng what we ordered issues , other than that no major problems.
£3200 sounds a lot for a Solidor but depends n the style of door and handles.

We are based 25 miles west of Barnstaple if its any help.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back