Eurocylinder size ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a new eurocylinder, but not sure which size to get.

I went to screw fix today and the only fit for this was a 55/45. Making a 100mm size overall.

My cylinder is 90mm overall. So i need a 55/35.

Do they sell this size or is the 55/45 ok, meaning the lock will stick out a little more on the inside.

Attachments

• IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 83
Sponsored Links
show us the old one in the door, to see how much it projects inside and out with your current handle.

Would you like the new assembly to keep burglars out, or is price more important?

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Serious question here....( and slighlty off topic ) , but how prevelant is lock snapping around the UK ?

where we are the only snapped cylinders i've ever come across are ones we have done when customers have lost all the keys( or broken keys of in cylinders )

Bumping was quite common in Yorkshire some years back, not sure now though, never heard of cylinders being snapped to gain entry either although I do it rather a lot for a landlord friend

If you frequent any car forums for high performance models you'll find many cases of houses broken into for keys, pretty much all of them have been by lock snapping particularly on rear patio doors or similar. The Police have been advising the fitting of ABS 3 star or similar locks as replacements.

I don't do it now as I work in insurance assessment but in a previous life I worked the UK'S largest and left and went to work for the UK'S second largest emergency glazing and locksmithing companies, I did about 15 years between them and not once did I ever see a break in via snapping or bumping. However I saw countless break ins while the homeowners were in bed and windows jemmied open and keys stolen, I also attended plenty when violence was involved, knives held to throats, guns to heads just for the car keys, the guys that want your car for a ram raid or an armed robbery in the future aren't too bothered about tippy toeing about snapping or bumping so I found, I once saw a solid hardwood back door kicked in so hard it was snapped in 2........not really a quiet break in!

Reason i asked was there are many anecdotal stories referencing lock snapping , i just wondered how many people had come across themselves...makes me wonder how many of the stories are 100% accurate. From what ive seen most burglars go through open windows or break sealed units in windows..imo doors are one of the mosr secure features of a house these days

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back