Europa 224 cutting out when running central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Europa 224 combi boiler that sometimes cuts out when running the central heating. The boiler shuts down and the middle and right-hand LEDs flash together. The manual says this error code means 'faulty central heating temperature probe NTC' (no mention of what NTC stands for). I have looked through the manual but cannot find that component referenced. After a little while the error code clears and the boiler returns to standby mode; it can then be started again.

Does the temperature probe go by another name, or maybe I have just missed it? Should I start by replacing it and seeing if the problem is resolved? I would greatly appreciate some advice, as the problem is highly intermittent and I am loath to waste money calling an engineer out only for it to work perfectly! Sometimes the boiler will run happily for hours; at other times it cuts out almost immediately.

Many thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back