First time buyer, new (to me) boiler ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post so be gentle ;)

Boiler is a Europa 24 I think, could be a 28 but don't know how to tell difference?
My boiler works no problem with the hot water; right temperature and constant etc ...

However when I use the Central Heating, its very intermittent, sometimes works no problem other times it runs, then cuts off. When it does work, the temp display reads approx. 60degC. When it cuts off it gets to up to 90degC. So I'm guessing my problem lies with this? But I'm not sure what its taking a temperature off? (Can't find anything in the manual :( )

So logical solution is that the hot water isn't getting to the radiator and that the "blocked" water intended for the radiator, is causing the temp in the boiler to rocket?

All of my radiators except 2 have the hot water comming in through a radiator thermostat, then out the other side? ...however the one in the bathroom (and lounge) appears to come in on the other side?

IF I close this valve (where the water comes in) on the bathroom radiator I THINK it causes the problems with the boiler. When I open this valve, again I THINK it stops the problem with the boiler "overheating". Does this sound familiar to anyone, or can anyone give any advice as to whether this IS the problem, and if so why?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your bathroom radiator is acting as the system bypass. Leave the valves open.

Sponsored Links
Yeah but I would advise you get an automatic bypass valve fitted to bring it up to current standards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back