Boiler fires up when cover taken off??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,

I have a strange problem with my Biasi 1406 Riva Advanced HE boiler

Every now and then the boiler stops working and it will not allow the radiators to stay on for more than 5 minutes however the hot water works fine. When the boiler does go off the red LED which signals no pilot light is coming on.

However it does get to a point where nothing will work UNTIL the casing is taken off the boiler and then it works fully, radiators, hot water etc

Seems to be a strange problem but fixed everytime i take the outer casing off. What could be causing this????

Sponsored Links
The reason you are asking this is because you aren't gas safe so if you have a problem like this get a pro in before you kill your self. You won't get help here.

Sponsored Links
ok no problems i appreciate that.

I only mean the very front metal cover thats there for astetics i wouldn't dare do anything else.

I've got a professional booked in next week to sort this out properly rather than the problem coming back each time.

Just seemed an odd problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back