EV charging points

I continue to suspect that you don't have enough work to do today.
I continue to suspect that when you can find no other way to deal with them you try to dismiss questions or criticism on specious grounds such as the time of day, or the imagined workload or the person asking.

Sponsored Links
I continue to suspect that when you can find no other way to deal with them you try to dismiss questions or criticism on specious grounds such as the time of day, or the imagined workload or the person asking.
Your silliness continues, and you are just making a fool of yourself. I have "dealt with" (not "dismissed") your question/criticism, regardless of whatever moved you to post it. If you really believe that, in the sort of context we're talking about, when people say or write "it is not meant to make sense :)" that they intend the comment to be taken seriously and literally, then all I have ever believed about your intelligence must come into doubt.

Kind Regards, John

Annnnnnyyywayyy..... back on topic.
I have an ev charger in my garage, which is some 60+ metres from the house.
It's a 7kw charge unit for my Nissan LEAF, the garage is cabled in 16mm SWA, and I opted to make the garage TT, so it has its own rod.

I remember being told that the EV chargers are sensitive to earth impedance, and from memory the loop impedance of my garage earth is about 80ohms

Anyway, the charger worked fine for a good few months, then it would error when connecting to the car on a few occasions, I've since installed a second rod, halving the impedance and I've not had a problem since.

Anecdotal I know, but from my experience it would appear that indeed they are a bit picky about the earth situation.

Cheers
Dan

Sponsored Links
NICEIC have an excellent article on the provision of EV charging points. Voltimum recently made it available.
Here
Readers may need to register to view....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back