'Evening' mode?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am upgrading my aged security alarm system following a recent incident when I disturbed burglars. Fortunately, they were even more alarmed than I was and dived out the front window they'd prised open.
Because I was home at the time, in the back of the house, the intruder system was not armed.
This got me thinking about how best to set up my new (yet to be installed) system (a Galaxy Flex 50). The zones are currently all PIRs, plus a magnetic contact on the inner front porch door.

When the house is unoccupied, the alarm will be fully set.
At night, I’d like to have all the ground floor sensors activated, and the upper floor sensors (in bedrooms) deactivated.

I’d ideally like a further option for evenings use to set the system so that just the sensors in the front rooms (office, porch) which are unoccupied in the evening can be activated, while the hallway, back rooms (kitchen, lounge) and upstairs rooms can be used.

I think the system has just one option for Part Set, but see that there is also a Groups function, which looks like it might serve this purpose. So put another way, I could understand the full set and part set of the system to be equivalent to having two groups, and define a third group for evening use. Does this sound right?
However, setting up groups looks pretty complicated from my reading through older posts on this forum.

So I am wondering whether there's a simpler way to achieve what I am looking for?

Thanks,
Jon

Sponsored Links
The Flex supports night set and part set. It will be easier to use these. Just set each zone to be included/excluded for each. If you use the RF fobs for setting, the small 'light' button night sets the system. The additional benefit of night set is that it doesn't sound exit tones.

Thank you. That sounds ideal, however the Flex manual has no reference to a night set feature.
Can you point me towards where i can find more information on how to set this feature up?
I was intending to use kepyads for setting / unsetting, not fobs.

Are you sure you have the correct manual for your firmware ?

If you set with code, then B, then 2. That should be Night setting.

When configuring the zone, select 52, Zone, 05 -

Part - 1 for part setting enable/disable
Part - 2 for night setting enable/disable

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

I have the pdf manual that came on CDRom with the panel, which has firmware 3.39. (It did not occur to me to check for an updated manual, but I will do so).

I cannot find anything in the manual that refers to night setting but will try setting as you suggest once I've got the panel installed and ready to commission. In the meantime, I'd like to understand how the parts function.

I know that each zone is assigned to a Part (1,2 or3), and that when Zones is selected, the function of each Zone is displayed along with the part that it is assigned to. And that the # key toggles between P1, P2 and P3, so zone can only be set to one part

My current old panel (16+) allows zones to be set to either P=1 or P=3, and when the system is Part set, the panel shows P1, 2 and 3 are all off by default, and allows selection of any one or more part(s), and in the default (i.e. when set so that all parts are off) when armed, omits the zones set to 3

But what I can't quite get my head round is an understanding of whether there are hierachies involved (e.g. if part 2 is set, does this mean all the zones in part 1 are set as well..?).
I'll attach a drawing to illustrate the principle of what I am hoping to achieve.

Would be glad if you can help clear up my confusion!

Last edited:
This is the illustration..

Attachments

• Part set.pdf
    193.9 KB · Views: 85
I think the old 16+ panels called areas partitions, but those older panels are quite different to the modern Galaxy.

With the Flex part and night, you just program each zone to be included or not. It's easier to do this with RSS, as it's just a couple of check boxes in each zones setup.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back