Using Galaxy Dimension for controlling water shutoff valve?

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I have installed succesfully GD-48 in my summerhouse. Old home automation system (with wired alarm) went south lately, so it makes sense to use GD for certain home automation tasks. PIR-detectors are on RF-portal and they are placed in yard buildings (4) and summerhouse with few wireless smoke detectors. I'm planning to wire old door contacts and fire alarms to GD too and set everything into two groups, like A1=yard buildings and A2=summerhouse, so I can have easily grouped alarms on all yard buildings when house alarm is not activated.

The challenge, I want to control water shutoff valve, it should activate when system is full set (groups A1 and A2) . Water shut off valve runs from 230 VAC and it needs relay, of course. What's the best ("proper") way to implement control for relay? Links, or custom output? Shutoff valve is open, when it's energized, so it should be non energized when system is set and output should be active, when system is not full set (change polarity/reflex?). There's no need to follow bells, strobes or alarms, only full set-status, or those two groups. There are certain outputs, like trigger 1004 that output "set", but I wasn't able to find out if it's active in part set too.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back