Texecom Premier Elite 48 - Part Set Help Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just moved in to a house that has a Texecom Premier Elite 48 alarm system.

The property consists of around 5 door sensors (magnetic strips) and around 7 motion detectors.

The normal arm, sets all of the door sensors and motion sensors and triggers (is set) when the front door is closed.

The alarm also currently has an "evening" part set that only arms the door sensors and seems to trigger (is set) after a short delay.

I have cats.. So when I leave the house I would like to just arm the door sensors and leave the motion sensors disarmed.

I tried using the "evening" part set to achieve this, however when opening the front door to leave the house it set off the the alarm. So ideally I need to amend the "evening" part set so it can be triggered when the front door closes as opposed to being triggered after a set time. Any idea how I would do this?

Also how do you change the part set names... I would like to change the second part set on the system to be something different..

Thanks

P

Sponsored Links
There are 3 part sets you can program.

You can program these either via the master user or the engineers code.

Engineering:-
Enter engineers code, press Part, press Yes and change the zones for each part set accordingly.

Master User:-
Enter Master User code, Press Menu (User Menu), Press Yes, Press part, press Yes and change the zones for each part set accordingly.

Omit = part arm1
Chime = part arm 2
Part = part arm 3

Scroll up or down to change zones or type zone number in.
Press No to turn the zone on or off on which ever part set is selected.

The chances are that the front door e/e zone has the guard attribute selected, which changes the door to a guard zone in part set, that would have to be changed in engineering and not the master user code.

Hi,

Sounds like the key for me is to find the Engineer's code - any clues as to how I may obtain that?

thanks

Finally have the Engineer code!

One thing I am still stuck on is how to change my zone 1 to be an entry/exit point in a part arm. Having looked I cannot find how to alter the attributes of zones when setting up the part arm.

Anyone know?

thanks

Sponsored Links
if the zone is e/e, get to the attributes 1 turn off the G (guard in part set). with that off the e/e exit should act as an e/e in full and part set.

User menu to alter part arms as mentioned above.
The arming menu gives you the option to arm the system not change the settings, except for omitting zones.

Hi the Arming Options in in the Eng Mode does allow you to change how part arms are armed, i.e. via e/e or instant.

So I was able to set my part arm to be triggered by e/e as opposed to instant.

Anyway thanks for the help, I am all sorted now.

Arming options was only available on a Premier 24, not the elite panels or the Premier 48 and above, may be that's why I am confused, Area options which is in the same place as arming options in the menus engineers menus, on the Premier 24 you could change the Full arm and each part set 1 2 or 3, where as as on all the other panels you can only do the areas this way and not the part sets.

The only arming menu on the system now I believe is in the user side not the engineers side and that's more about you selecting the system as you are arming it rather than changing it permanently.

The part sets are timed I believe on the other panels, unless in Area options you set to instant, but you select the areas that you want to part arm instant.

Press Menu 4 in day mode on your keypad will give you the panel variant and firmware version.

Glad you have it sorted either way if you have an elite 48 please tell me how you got to the arming menu in engineering to change the part set arming method

I think I owe you an apology! I thought the Alarm was a 48, but actually I have a 24. I should have realised this much soon when I noticed it only had 24 zones!

I blame this mistake on the fact it is the first time that I have even had a house with an Alarm and it is all new to me. But it will explain why I am seemingly contradicting you.. when you are in fact correct all along - but I am asking for advice on the wrong flavour of technology.

Sorry for the confusion - I am still learning!!

I must also say that the local Alarm company (who originally installed the system for the previous owner) were very helpful. They were happy to pop over and change the Engineer code to a number of my choosing absolutely free. Big thumbs up for a local company!

for free is really good considering a site visit required in this case and they can charge for that if they wish. however giving the engineers code does mean they cant be responsible for the panel.

lol don't worry, should have asked for menu 4 confirmation of what you have, things are similar and are in similar places, just not the same and the 640 panel there are versions with area profiles, and with 16 areas and with 64 areas so menu 4 is a good way to check on premier/ premier elite panels as the variant and version become increasingly important as new features are released.

Fair point. But now the alarm is programmed how I need it too be, I guess any fault is likely to a hardware issue, which I will need professional help with. I can't imagine alarm systems go wrong that often unless a component is physically damaged.

They go wrong mainly when people fiddle with the programming,
Panels get old and batteries not replaced
cable damage
and detector failure.

You should get your alarm serviced once a year, with your panel at least it will tell you if there is a problem with the battery, unless someone has turned the monitoring off which is unlikely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back