Ever done a runner?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The taxi driver thread reminded me that once (a long time ago) I did a runner from a taxi - the driver was a complete plank and took me the long way round (several diversions) to my destination - for some reason he seemed to think that I didn't know the area! I thought I would retaliate by not paying.

Sponsored Links
dg123 said:
The taxi driver thread reminded me that once (a long time ago) I did a runner from a taxi - the driver was a complete plank and took me the long way round (several diversions) to my destination - for some reason he seemed to think that I didn't know the area! I thought I would retaliate by not paying.

Sounds fair

hehe one of my neighbours works on environmental health at Doncaster council, and he will only pay what he things things are worth (in terms of services) so if he goes to a resteraunt and has a crappy meal, he will only pay what he things he should based on his enjoyment of the evening. and if the taxi driver is shocking, like mine, he will not pay and will take the guys license number and report him (environmental health and licensing in office next to each other!)

im not brave enough to do that :LOL:

EDIT: i did pay because the journey was about 20 miles in total, cost of about £21. I had to go easy on him: he knocked 10p off because it came to £21.10 and he had to travel 16 miles to pick me up from rotherham at 2am on a saturday morning :eek: :LOL:

if i get a taxi to mine, they often try to go the longer way, which adds 50P onto the trip. have stopped them from doin that many times, but if they do go that way i knock 50P off, since i wanted to get from A to B, not via C (and pay for it)

Sponsored Links
Morally I didn't, but in the eyes of the eatery staff I did it in Pizza Hut once.

They tried to overcharge us by denying we had ordered the special offer, so we pretended to go along, paid what we ACTUALLY owed in a big pile of shrapnel and wandered out with a wink and a smile. Would have been too far away to bother once they had counted it all and realised :LOL: Well, they had the option of ringing it up correctly, they chose not to!

I'm too English, I try not to make a fuss so I just avoid further patronising of any business that tries to screw me.

What about restaurants who include the 'service charge' in with the bill? Grrr.

Previoulsy, I have paid what I owe without any tip, and upon being questioned say I would've left a tip if you hadn't had the audacity to include it in the bill in the first place.

Many years ago ,
I was 18 an going out with a mates sister , Cathy ,
we went with him an his g/F Sharon ,to a few pubs ,an a club (Hacienda ,lol )

anyway we were all having a great night an this shaz said lets go for something to eat ,
we ended up in a quite posh Italian restaurant ...

Casa something or other ..
we had steak /pasta full works corked wine (lol) pints

anyway when the bill comes ,
Shaz says she will pay by cheque/card
(an give her the money next day) she asked the waiter for a pen ,as he wonders off ...

she is giggling to Cathy lets do a runner ,ok ...
I am ,yeah ok ,
joking an laughing ,
Paul my mate is all serious , we can't do that , I nudge him an wink , an he joins in the joke ...

Next thing was like out of a movie ,
Cathy an Shaz had launched themselves over the table
an were legging it to the door ,
I was stunned but shot up
an was close behind them as we went out the door ,
Daft Paul instead of following us,
ran too the door an into the gents ..lol
then the automatic lock clicked front door shut ....
he was stuck inside ...
Cathy was screaming for her bruv ,
as a chef with a big knife was running too the door ,
Shaz banged on the window

she went in an apologised an paid with a cheque/card
an after Paul an her came out shame faced ..lol

what a night..lol..lol...

he finished with her days later ,lol

Back