Search on for missing Lake District marathon runners

So what 'blame' would that be for then?

The blame for wasting fuel in these expensive times?

The blame for alarmist statements?

The blame for necessary use of resources?

We are getting nearly as good at over-reacting as the yanks are :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
So what 'blame' would that be for then?
The blame for wasting fuel in these expensive times?
The blame for alarmist statements?
The blame for necessary use of resources?
So you're blaming The Police and Mountain Rescue for using resources 'necessarily'?! :eek: Get it right son! :rolleyes:
Perhaps it would have been better for neither party (Police and/or Mountain Rescue) to turn up eh? Yeah that would have been a good idea wouldn't it? "Oh let them get on with it. We've warned them!"

If these statements were so 'alarmist', the fuel used such a 'waste' and the resources so 'Unnecessary' (I'll give you a little help there), then why is it that Mountain Rescue, who surely even you can realise may have a smattering of knowledge of these types conditions and the possible outcomes, chose to attend the scene and indeed warn the OMM that the event should not be held because of the atrocious weather conditions?

A representative of the organisers was on telly, you could plainly see that he was very angry at how the media etc had blown this all up.

As he said, the camera crew were smoking, smoking kills many each year.
They have not had 1 death in all the time they have been running this event.

IN all organised events, (including those the scouts do) there are always those that are not really upto the event yet blag their way in.

The woman that fell in the water, these things happen. If people stayed away from the fells just because things may get nasty then they would never go into them, they would never experience the thrill of getting P wet through, like a drowned rat & living through hell.

I bet some of them really enjoyed the weekend until they got back & met the media.

It's amazing that we ever won two world wars... :rolleyes:

We certainly wouldn't with the nannying that goes on these days.

Sponsored Links
work around all this villages, and towns all the time, get a 4x4 you load of softy townies, there's more people hurt on bikes in a day in London than up hear in a year. we were not lost and did not need rescuing and we all give to the mountain services so what are they moaning about, they get to do what they want to do ,oh yes go out and show how good they are in bad weather saving people , give im a medal :LOL: ;)

A bit late I admit but I've only just spotted this thread.

How many people get drunk on a normal Thursday/Friday/Saturday evening in Britain and need Police, Ambulance and hospital services to sort them out? And how much do you think that costs the country?

One of the guys at work was involved in this, was blown up out of all proportion by the media!

Sponsored Links
Back