Everbuild AC50 adhesive/sealant - fire rated?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking at using AC50 to fit some fire rated boards around an RSJ. Looking at the tech notes for AC50 it says non-flammable but no fire rating info.

Can it be used to fix noggins to vertical faces of the RSJ & also to fix fire boards on bottom face of RSJ?

Sponsored Links
Fire rating is different to the ability of a blob of glue to keep something stuck when it gets hot.

All beam fire cladding should be mechanically fixed, unless the product is specifically stated to be suitable for this purpose.

AC50 is acoustic sealant. It never fully goes off. It gets it acoustic properties because it never seems to fully sets and has lots of elasticity in it. I personally wouldn't use it to stick something or to use it as a kind of no nails. I know the AC90 is definitely fire rated and I think AC50 is also fire rated just AC90 is fire rated for longer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back